- HB 59: Monday at 3:00 pm in House FRET. Also known as the great PPL giveaway, the bill would expand the Montana RPS to include new incremental hydro capacity.
- HB 198: Wednesday at 3:00 pm in House FRET. The bill would fix MATL's eminent domain problem, by granting a retroactive right for facilities that are permitted under the Montana Facilities Siting Act clear eminent domain power.
- SB 7: Thursday at 3:00 pm in Senate E&T. The bill would require the price of RECs sold in Montana to be disclosed.
- SB 109: Tuesday at 3:00 pm in Senate E&T. Also known as the total and absolute PPL giveaway, the bill would add all existing non-federal hydro capacity as eligible resource for meeting the Montana RPS.
- SB 104: Thursday at 3:00 pm in Senate E&T. This bill would specifically prohibit a public utility from implementing inverted black rates. In the spirit of the bill, I understand an amendment may be introduced to ban logic and math in utility rate design.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Montana energy related bills slated for hearing this week
The Montana Legislature is tackling a number of significant bills on energy matters during their first week of hearings: